Drinking Water Week
May 01, 2017
Did you know that next week, May 7-13, is Drinking Water Week? A week in which we observe the absolute vital role that drinking water plays in our daily lives. A week to celebrate WATER! This year’s theme is “Your water: To know it is to love it!” and it encourages us to get to know more about the water we drink.
How many times a day do you turn on a faucet? Because clean water is so easy for us to obtain, it’s also so easy for us to overlook. We use drinking water many, many times a day. Every day. Not only for drinking, but also for bathing, cooking, washing dishes, laundering clothes, and so many other uses. We North Americans have access to some of the safest drinking water in the world. CDC
Drinking Water Week’s theme is exactly right:
The more you get to know your water, the more you’ll love it!
So, how can you get to know it? How can you learn more about your water?
Read your Water Quality Report. Local utilities provide Consumer Confidence Reports (CCR) to their customers annually. You can read our most recent water quality report (CCR) HERE.
Check out some of our recent articles, including these:
- Clean Water Around the Globe (a billboard that actually produces clean water)
- A Book that Cleans Water? (Yes, there is a book that cleans water, and so many more amazing innovations!)
- 663 Million (life-bringing organizations dedicated to giving clean water to those in need)
- Food & Water: Innovation in Agriculture (remarkable innovations & technologies in food and water production)
- 1 Trillion Gallons of Water (the astounding amount of water wasted every year by household water leaks)